Friday 19 April 2013

Have you heard of Vicki Hartman?

In art at school recently we have been looking at the work of Vicki Hartman, 
she is a ceramicist who lives in Rochester, NY with her husband and two kids.She has a BFA in ceramics from SUNY New Paltz and has also spent a semester abroad at the Moravian pottery and tileworks institution and formerly ran a custom tile and mosaic buisness.
"I intend for my work to be seamlessly incorporated into ordinary environments and daily life. I work for my pots to have a feeling of casualness and stillness, I want them to be inclusive and approachable. Ordinary environments are my source of inspiration.How people  create homes has captured me ever since I was a child- what we choose to get rid of, what creates comfort and safety, what is sentimental and what is a symbol of success. I make handmade objects because they  create warmth in a home and often remind us that imperfection is beautiful and authentic.
SHE ALSO FOCUSES ON THE INDUSTRIAL LANDSCAPE AND TRIES TO PORTRAY THE CREDIBILITY OF THE WORLD AROUND US.
she uses:
  • dull colours
  • very realistic ideas
  • plain but powerful effects
These are where my ideas come in!

      I got this idea by looking at these houses that she made:












1 comment: